Really? Are you searching on the internet “what to do in Capri”?
Here’s our short guide for you, from the best walking tour (if you have only one day to spend on the island) to the several things to do in Anacapri. Discover the main attractions of the most glamorous island in the whole Mediterranean Sea and get ready to live a fascinating experience!
1. You won’t be surprised if the first thing to do that we propose is a boat tour around the island. After all, we are a charter company, offering the possibility to realize tailored tour to Capri and Amalfi Coast. With a half day boat tour you can unveil many incredible treasures, such as the Blue Grotto (and also the Green and the White Grotto), the Natural Arch, you can admire the splendid Villa Malaparte, the “Scugnizzo” Statue and the Faraglioni rocks. The sunset on a boat while watching the Lighthouse of Punta Campanella could be one of the best moment of your holiday in Italy. Well, discover more about our tour, if you wish, or read below and take a stroll with us around the island
2. A coffe, an espresso, or cocktail, in Piazzetta is a “must”. This location is the main square of Capri, where many vips meet to enjoy the Dolce Vita lifestyle. If you want to meet some celebrities, the best time of day is between 7 and 9 pm, when the crowd left and famous actors and vips come onto the island.
3. Climb up Mount Solaro with a chairlift! From Piazza Vittoria in Anacapri, you can can take the chairlift up to reach the peak of Mount Solaro, the best panoramic spot (with 360 degree view) to take some photos and an unparalleled selfie. From here you can see Naples, the Mount Vesuvio and the entire Amalfi Coast!
4. Anacapri. It’s one of the two villages on the island, the smallest and the more characteristic. It’s peaceful and quiet, not crowded like Marina grande, here you can spend a few hours walking or simply watching the local life. There’s an interesting museum where you can admire the several statues recovered from the bottom of the Blue Grotto.
5. The Augustus Gardens. By far the cheapest attraction you will find in Capri, but absolutely a must to visit for the great and huge selection of Mediterranean flora. You can reach the gardens with a short walk from the center of Capri town, they may not be vast in size, but they are extremely impressive, especially in Spring, when the blossoms are at their best. At the back of the gardens you can also enjoy some spectacular views of the sea.
6. Nearby the Augustus Gardens you will find a worldwide known attractions: Via Krupp. May be you don’t remember this name, but if you see a shot of this sight… yes, it’s one of the most iconic landmark of the island, the narrow path switches back on itself over and over as it descends to a bay. It’s a very Instagrammable shot!
7. Faraglioni rocks. They are quite the symbol of Capri, you can admire them from the boat or from the panoramic point at the end of Via Tragara. Let us present you the only rock formations with three names: Stella, Mezzo and Scopolo
8. If you are a shopping addicted you can’t miss Via Camerelle, where you will find probably the highest concentration of luxury fashion shops and designers’ boutique in the entire Italy! Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, Dolce e Gabbana, Armani, everything you’re looking for, you will find it here.
9. Villa San Michele, the second best attraction in Anacapri. It’s a villa once owned by Axel Munthe, a swedish doctor that really loved Italy and most of all Capri. He was also fascinated by art and that’s why inside the house you will find many items and works he collected. He was also good in designing gardens and the one you can visit here still respect his indications.
10. There’s no other way to finish this list than suggest to taste the authentic Neapolitan cuisine, starting with a pizza or a surprising sea food dish. And don’t forget to taste a real espresso and a glass of Limoncello!
Are you ready for a life-changing experience! You will definitely appreciate Capri, but if you have any questions, if you want to discover more about our tour, don’t hesitate to contact us, we will answer punctually to all your doubt. Our passion are Capri and the Amalfi Coast and our goal is to make you fall in love with our land!
We had booked a full day private boat tour for our 10th wedding anniversary; but due to COVID-19 had to cancel our overseas trip to Italy. From the start the customer service and responsiveness Aldo provided was amazing. Although we haven't yet had a chance to go on the tour - I would already 100% recommend this company to my family and friends purely based on the customer service we have received - from booking to the flexibility they offered when we had to cancel/postpone our trip. This has just furthered solidified we made the right choice in booking with Restart Boat for a once in a lifetime experience touring around Capri - we can't wait to reschedule our trip!
My wife and I went to Italy for our anniversary with two other best friends couple and the experienc was spectacular. Giuseppe the captain was very professional and respectful. He really knows his business. I would definitely recommend his company; they are the best.
We visited Sorrento in May and decided to rent a private boating experience through Restart Boat tours. Their service was incredible and very professional. Our Captain, Francesco was amazing and took us to all over the island of Capri and we were able to see all of the best sites. We had free time to eat lunch and explore the city of Anacapri. Highly recommend this outstanding company. Thank you for making our honeymoon special - this was the highlight of the trip.